Friday, July 15, 2011

Time

A few days back I received this email and it came as a pretty rude shock. I am wasting time.

Some terrific truth about time:

First: Nobody can manage time. But you can manage those things that take up your time.

Second: Time is expensive. As a matter of fact, 80 percent of our day is spent on those things or those people that only bring us two percent of our results.

Third: Time is perishable. It cannot be saved for later use.

Fourth: Time is measurable. Everybody has the same amount of time...pauper or king. It is not how much time you have; it is how much you use.

Fifth: Time is irreplaceable. We never make back time once it is gone.

Sixth: Time is a priority. You have enough time for anything in the world, so long as it ranks high enough among your priorities.

I do get some little time during the day but it comes in such small pieces of 10 minutes, 15 minutes, etc that it seems easier to flop down before the television at those intervals rather than sit and write on the desk.

Another thing I have noticed is that I hog down fried stuff only when I watch TV. This is definitely not going to make my fitness trainer any happy. So, I decided to start work again on my Writing Course and Poetry Course. This is something I enjoy doing, it makes me happy, it is a good use of valuable time and it helps me avoid unnecessary calories! Let's see how this plan goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...