Saturday, October 18, 2014

NaNoWriMo - Getting Geared


I have decided to take the plunge this year too. It was an absolute fun to do last year. It was a huge challenge too as I was away from home, my usual writing zone, and the kids were running amok enjoying their vacations. Still, I had done it. 50000 words in 30 days. There were days I had done 100 and days when I had gone beyond 7000. There were write-ins in Chennai, workshops in Mumbai and I had met other writers for the first time. I loved every moment of it. Now, I am going to do it again.



The challenges this time are going to be different. School is going to resume by the end of the first week of November. Hopefully, there would be some structure to the day, a routine and a bit of silent peace. However, now I am working. Though it is from the comfort of my home, a solid chunk of 7-8 hours flies away. I love what I'm doing and I've decided never to give it up. Similarly, I've decided to never give up writing too. So, I need to work out a way.

 
NaNoWriMo is doable. It is just 1667 words a day. Most professional writers write more than this every day of their lives. My favourite prolific writer Isaac Asimov works on his books from 7am to 11 pm every day. So squeezing in 2-3 hours shouldn't be difficult. (*crosses fingers hopefully)
 
 


The next biggest challenge this time has been to decide on a story. There are three whirling around my head and they are giving me headaches all day and night. If I work on one, the other haunts me. If I work on that, a scene from the other stamps my brain. I need to focus and zero in on one to have some basic outline in place before November. Any ideas, folks?

Apart from these minor(?) glitches, things are in place and I'm hopeful and excited about November. I will keep you updated about the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...