Thursday, October 31, 2013

Why November might be the best time to write?

Yesterday, I blah-blahed about all the obstacles in writing in November. Today, I realise that is gibberish. November must actually be the best time to write. I was at my desk at around 5.30 today morning scratching the pen on paper. Now, the time is nearing 7.30 and I have already completed a thousand words. My kids are still asleep, the day is just starting and I am already half-way across the mark.

Had this been March or July, this might not have been possible. I will be up at 6, cooking, cleaning, getting the kids ready for school, packing their tiffin boxes and doing the innumerable little things that make a home out of a house. So, may be, this is the best time to write...

1) I have no household responsibilities.

2) I have other people to distract the kids and be distracted by the kids.

3) I don't have school duties.

4) I am vacationing and have holiday immunity from my duties as a Management Committee Member. (A role I am playing in my residential apartment - additional duties... Phew!)

Isn't it funny how we can view the same thing as an obstacle or as a blessing? I guess it is how we perceive things that matter, more than the things themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...