Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Day 26 of NanoWriMo: Bhaag Milkha Bhaag

I realised that I am the embodiment of laziness. I am a huge procrastinator. When I need to write, I feel tired, I clean cupboards, I research, I read books, I chat, I help the kids with homework, I cook up a special dish for the family and do anything and everything else but writing. I remember the words from the book, ‘The War of Art’. It dealt with this issue. All these things are the lures that resistance creates to pull us away from Success. The deadline has woken me awake to my problem.

I am at 22792 words – not yet reached the halfway mark till now. I only have another 4 days to complete the remaining 28000 words… approx. 7000 words per day. I did write around 7000 words yesterday quite easily. Therefore I know that it is not an impossible feat. And I have all my writing buddies on the WriMo Facebook page cheering me up and giving me a hand and pulling me up to reach the peak. I am going to write and write for the next few days. There is going to be

• No TV
• No Whatsapping
• No chatting
• No partying
• No social networking (unless it is writing sprints on facebook), etc.

Also, I am going to make sure I don’t run out of coffee, green tea and Red Bull.

I am going to keep telling myself, “I can do it. I can do it”. And I am sure I will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...