Saturday, November 6, 2010
A New Resolution on Diwali
Yesterday, we celebrated Diwali - the festival of lights - in a joyous and generous spirit. As I was wrapping up all festivities and getting ready to go to bed, I realised all these diyas and candles were making me feel very inspired. I was wishing for my life to be so bright too!
And the one thing that can make me happy, brighten my day and paste a smile on my face is to see my name in print and to get paid for it too. For that to happen as often as possible, I need to write as much as I can.
So, I decided my resolution for this coming year is "DON'T WASTE ANY TIME - JUST WRITE"
Having an infant and toddler at home is making this more difficult to do. So, I was brainstorming for ideas to fit writing into my schedule and look at all that I came up with:
* Don't write on paper and type again. Type directly into your laptop or your new Nokia E5.
* Write while nursing. I am quite adept at doing this. I am even doing so now but I don't do it as often as I think I should.
* Write while Sanju (my elder son) is at school.
* Write before the kids wake up.
* Write after the kids are in bed.
* Tap on the E5 while Sanju plays outdoors in the evening and the baby is sleeping.
Can you people come up with some more ideas too?