Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Aubade (Napowrimo)

(Aubade: a poem or piece of music appropriate to the dawn or early morning.)
 

Blaring alarm shrilled in my ear

Waking me up to another

Hopeful day of writing, creating.

The cock has not yet crowed.

My crown is still cocked,

and my brain is too lazy to think.

Still, my hand clutches the pen,

with my eyes still shut tight,

my fingers move the pen to write.

As the sun keeps rising up,

my mind starts clearing up,

but there is no time to read.

The setting sun brings peace.

Kitchen closed, kids asleep,

I creep back to my notebook.

The writing in those morning hours

are not always bleak and barred.

Sometimes, a line shines a little bit

and I know it is all worth it.

©ArchanaSarat2015

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...