Thursday, April 9, 2015

Slipping into Love (NaPoWriMo)

(Palinode : Poem in which poet retracts statement/ choice/ decision made earlier)


A stranger six years elder
cannot be my lover.
What can we have in common?
Arranging marriages can't be normal.

Dad insists I meet him,
and I agree to humour his whim.
When I knew he was in law,
I had reached my last straw.

Reluctantly, I went to meet,
expecting an untidy, loud, cheat.
That's what I thought of lawyers then.
Apologies to all these wise men!

I couldn't help being impressed
with this simple, shy, soft-spoken guest.
I realised all the love on earth
cannot get me a man even half-worth.

Ten years and going strong...
Thankfully, I accepted I was wrong!
Marriages are made in heaven.
Jump in the wagon when love beckons.


©ArchanaSarat2015


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...